QuickBooks has secured itself as aleading bookkeeping software with dependableservices. It has demonstrated its effectiveness and benefits for its users through time-saving and accurate accounting. They can be stress-free about the tasks being handled by QuickBooks and focus on other efficient steps needed to grow their business.
Like any other software, QuickBooks can also be affected by common errors that can occur randomly working on your QuickBooks. One such error can be encountered while installing QuickBooks or downloadingpayroll updates in the QuickBooks Error 15311. Assuming you are here because you are also facing this error on your QuickBooks, keep reading the blog to learn about the possible solutions to this issue.
Feel free to take any help from our team of experts; reach them at +1-855-856-0042.
About Error 15311
After QuickBooks gets affected by this error, it’ll not let you download your Payroll updates and stop your attempts by casting an error box on your screen with a message, “QuickBooks has encountered a problem and needs to close…”. You might also encounter this error while installing QuickBooks on your computer. Your QuickBooks may stop responding or shut down inappropriately.
Some of the situations capable of triggering this error are-
- QuickBooks was not installed the last time correctly, or the installation file is damaged
- There can be some faulty entries in the Windows registry
- Damage of files due to a virus or malware attack
- The speed of the Internet connection doesn’t match the requirements of QuickBooks
We have mentioned some of the solutions below-
Solution 1- Use the Install Diagnostic Tool offered by QuickBooks
This will sort out any issues that happened during the last installation. Before proceeding, make sure you use the latest version of the QuickBooks Tool hub. Follow the steps below-
- Open QuickBooks and tap on Installation issues.
- Now, select QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool and wait for the process to complete.
Try to open your QuickBooks now; ifit is still affected by the error, move to the next solution.
Also Read: QuickBooks online not working with chrome
Solution 2- Verify your Payroll service key is correct
A wrong payroll service key can also cause this error, and it needs to be checked. Refer to the steps to do the same-
- Open QuickBooks
- Click on the Employees menuad tap on My payroll service.
- On the following menu, select Manage service keys, click on Edit to verify your key, and hit
- Finally, click Finish and restart your computer.
Check if the error still exists; if it does, move on to the next solution.
Also Read: Quickbooks Error OLSU 1013
Solution 3-Install a Digital Signature certificate
You’ll have to locate the QBW32.exe file in the folder carrying yourQuickBooks. Generally, the location is C:\Program files\intuit\QuickBooks. After you find the file follow the steps below-
- Right-click on exe and select Properties.
- Under the Digital Signature tab, make sure that Intuit,inc. is checked in the list.
- Now, In the Detail window, click on View Certificate and then Install Certificate
- Click on Next and finally Finish.
Now reboot your computer, and your error will be rectified.
Also Read: QuickBooks won’t open
This blog was about QuickBooks Error 15311 and the potential reasons that caused it to happen on your QuickBooks. We attempted to get each vital detail for you and hope that your QuickBooks was free from the error after executing the solutions. Call +1-855-856-0042 if you need any help regarding the issue.