Due to its extensive features and credible services, QuickBooks has become the first choice for businesses to trust with their accounting & financial records. The software has helped businesses to expand their business and implement constructive ideas. Even loaded with so many features, it is vulnerable to errors at random times. We have created this blog to help users with QuickBooks Error 6073. If you are also facing this issue in your QuickBooks, go through the blog and clear your queries.
Error 6073 explained-
You might have bumped into this error while you tried to access your company file in QuickBooks. Instead of the Company file, you might have seen a dialogue box with error codes. Error 6073 can damage the company file causing the breakdown of QuickBooks frequently. Therefore, it needs to be sorted out from your QuickBooks Desktop.
Our experts are just a call away if you need any help regarding the issue; take advice from them 24/7 at +1-800-579-9430.
Why has this Error Troubled you in QuickBooks?
There are some conditions due to which you had to face this error in your QuickBooks.
- More than one user is trying to access the same company file.
- The folder carrying your company file has read-only permissions, making it difficult for QuickBooks to Retrieve files.
- If the files are being hosted on a Linux server, there’s a possibility that other workstations are trying to access the company file with multiple Login details.
- There is third-party software that helps users access their data remotely with the help of an internet connection. If you try to access the file with one of this software, you’ll be considered logged in by the server computer.
Solutions to tune up your QuickBooks Desktop
Now that you know about the Error let’s move forward to the solution that will help you fix it.
It would be best if you start with the simplest one.
Solution 1-Use the File Doctor Tool.
You should make sure you have the latest version of QuickBooks Toolhubon your computer.
- Open the QuickBooks Tool hub and click on company file issues.
- A tab will open with a search bar for the file location. Select the company file if it is listed; if not, click browse and locate it.
- Click on Diagnose. Check for both damage and network connectivity issues.
Try reopening the company File in QuickBooks; if it opens, your issue is fixed; if you still have the problem, move on to the next solution.
Related article:- QuickBooks Error 1402
Solution 2- Switch on the multi-user access
Earlier in this blog, we discussed company files opened simultaneously by any other computer operating in single-user mode. You’ll find the steps to take-
If the company file is opened in-
- In server computer (Host)
- Open QuickBooks & Click on File on the top left. Further, click Close company on the menu.
- Click on File again & then on open or restore company.
- Now, click on the open or restore existing company option and select the company file you want to open.
- Don’t forget to open the file in multi-user mode.
- In another computer (workstations connected to host)
- Start by closing QuickBooks on all computers connected to the host (Click on QuitQuickBooks)
- Open your company file on the host computer.
- Now, run the file in multi-user mode by clicking on the file and then switch to multi-user mode.
Solution 3-Change your user permission settings
If the error still exists, let’s check if the folder permissions are set to read-only. Refer to the steps below-
- Reach out to the server computer.
- Find the folder carrying your company file.
- Right-click on the folder and select properties.
- A new window will come up, and you’ll see a security tab on top of it. Click on the account.
- Now click on the Users option below ‘Group and username.’
- You’ll see a set of permissions after clicking on Users. Allow all the permissions like Modify, read, write, List folder contents, Read & execute or click full control.
- Save the settings by clicking on Apply.
If QuickBooks starts running smoothly, the error is sorted.
We are near the end of this blog, and till now, you are well aware of QuickBooks Error 6073. The reasons why this error occurs, how it can affect your QuickBooks, and the measures you can take to terminate it from your QuickBooks and make it work efficiently Again.
If you need an expert to handle the issue, they’re always available at +1-800579-9430.
Read more:- QuickBooks Error 350