Are you facing Error QBWC1085 in QuickBooks and want to get rid of the same? This article shall answer all your queries and offer you reliable troubleshooting methods for resolving the error.
The QuickBooks Web Connector allows ‘qbXML’ and ‘qbposXML’ to be passed between a Web-based application and QuickBooks Point of Sale. QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1085 is one of the technical snags that relates to QuickBooks log files. It frequently happens when you attempt to open a company file. This error occurs when the ‘QWCLOG.TXT’ file used by Web Connector gets corrupted. In this article, we shall discuss the potential causes & viable solution steps to resolve this issue.
You may see the following error message on your desktop screen:
|QBWC1085:||QuickBooks was unable to write to the log file. QuickBooks will open without writing to log file.|
|QBWC1085:||There was a problem with the log file. QuickBooks Web Connector will continue without the log file.|
|Exception TypeError:||Unknown name|
Causes leading to QuickBooks Error QBWC1085
There are several causes given below that may lead to this Error.
- QuickBooks is unable to write to the log file for the online connector.
- Use a TXT file if your web connector program is damaged.
- Web Connector is unable to run the log file
- The QB web connection is attempting to obtain data from a third-party web-based application.
Walkways to troubleshoot QuickBooks Error QBWC1085
You can implement the methods provided below to resolve the QuickBooks Web Connector Error QBWC1085 or Exception TypeError: Unknown name. Ensure that you perform each of the steps properly, without skipping any step.
Method 1: Update QuickBooks Desktop
Double-click the QuickBooks desktop icon while holding the ‘Ctrl + Shift ‘ keys together. Wait until the ‘No Company Open’ popup appears before releasing the keys.
- Navigate to the ‘Help’ menu and click on ‘Update QuickBooks.’
- Select the updates to download and click on the ‘Get Updates’
- Choose ‘Update’ and wait for the process to finish.
Method 2: Create Company file Backup
You can create a backup of your company file by following the steps provided below:
- Open QB Desktop.
- Go to ‘File,’ followed by ‘Back-Up Company.’
- Choose ‘Create Local Backup.’
- Now follow onscreen instructions to create a backup
Method 3: Rename the ‘QWCLOG.TXT’ File
To rename the ‘QWCLOG.TXT’ file, follow the steps below:
- To open the File Explorer, press ‘Win + E.’
- Select the ‘View’
- After that, check ‘Hidden objects.’
- Go to the ‘C:ProgramDataIntuitQBWebConnectorLog’
- Select ‘Rename’ from the context menu of the ‘QWCLog.’
- After that, rename it to ‘QWCLog.OLD.’
- To accept the change, select ‘Yes.’
- Restart the computer now.
Method 4: Remove Web Connector from the Startup Menu
To remove the Web Connector, follow the directions provided below:
- Go to the ‘C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\StartUp’
- Select the ‘QB Web connection’ with the right-click menu.
- Select ‘Delete.’
- Restart your computer and then launch QB Desktop.
- Check if the QuickBooks Error QBWC1085 got fixed from your system.
That’s it! We are done with all the effective methods for resolving the QuickBooks Error code QBWC1085. We are hopeful that after implementing the troubleshooting methods mentioned in this article, you could successfully rectify Error QBWC1085 in QuickBooks. If you face up any issues, contact our QuickBooks error support Team at 1-800-761-1787 to get the utmost support.