QuickBooks unable to backup company file?
QuickBooks was created to solve the discrepancies in accounting faced by small and medium-sized businesses. It has helped them handle the payroll of employees, invoices, and tax submission. All of the data related to these processes is highly crucial. So, it is essential to create backups of your data at regular time intervals. Recently, users have faced problems while creating backups of their data. If you are also wondering why is QuickBooks unable to back up a company file, this blog will clear your every doubt related to the issue; keep reading and learn how to fix it in easy steps.
Reach out to experts at 855-856-0042 for any pieces of advice regarding this issue.
Data is the foundation of any business. It consists of all your financial records and accounting details. Any loss or damage to data can cause severe consequences to your business. To avoid all that, you should always create backups of your data at regular periods. Back up allows you to retrieve all the saved data in case of any issues with your software where your data gets damaged.
Reasons for your issues while creating a backup
You can face many error codes while creating the backup. Many issues resist QuickBooks from creating a backup of your company file. –
- A damaged or corrupted Company file
- Any issues with the storage space you are using.
- Incorrect extension of your company file or unnecessary characters in the file name
Read More Related Article:- QuickBooks Error OLSU 1013
Actions to take
We have compiled some solutions which can be used to resolve this issue. Refer to the steps below-
Solution 1- Try to create a backup locally on a hard drive
- Open your QuickBooks and click on the
- Select Save copy or backup, and then choose Backup copy and hit
- Select Save it now and click on
- Set the location to the local hard drive and click
- Now, find the file in the drive, right-click and Copy it from there, and paste it to an external drive.
Solution 2- Rename your company file
Before proceeding, you need to find your company file on your computer. Here are the steps to do it-
- Open QuickBooks desktop.
- Press F2, and you’ll see a Product information window.
- Look for the location of the company file.
- Now, find the company file and right-click on it.
- Click Rename and remove any special characters or spaces from your file name.
- Check the file size; more than 3GB of files can also trigger the issue.
- For Mac users
Ensure you have an updated version of QuickBooks and then use the Verify and Rebuild Utility tool. It can find errors & resolve them on its own. Follow the steps below-
- Open QuickBooks and click on the File
- Select Utilities from the list and then Verify data.
- Click Ok if there are no issues, but you’ll see Rebuild Now if you encounter any problems.
- Now, click on close & reopen your QuickBooks
- Click on
- Click on Utilities and then Rebuild Data.
- You’ll see a QuickBooks Information window; click
- Follow the steps as directed.
- It’ll notify you when the rebuild is completed. Click Ok.
Try backing up your file; the error is resolved if you can do that.
This was all about why your QuickBooks unable to backup company file. We expect now you know the reasons and the solutions to it. Use them to make your QuickBooks trouble-free. For more help dial 855-856-0042 to contact QuickBooks support.