QuickBooks Database Server Manager is designed by Intuit to allow multiple users to work on the same company file in multi-user mode. But, sometimes, while switching to multi-user mode, users encounter a message, “QBDBMgrn not running on this computer.” The error restricts QuickBooks users from accessing the company file stored on the server computer. Users can only access the single-user mode if QuickBooks services are not running on the computer due to some reason. Go through the complete article to know what prompts the QuickBooks Database Server Manager stopped error and what are the resolutions to fix it.
Need instant help to resolve QBDBMgrN not running on this computer error. Don’t worry. Call us on our toll-free number 1.855.738.2784 and communicate with the certified QuickBooks expert’s team
Top reasons causing QuickBooks database server manager won’t start error
Following are the major causes that trigger this QuickBooks error:
- Windows Firewall not allowing QuickBooks to connect with the network.
- Misconfigured Windows firewall and security settings on the computer.
- Damage to QuickBooks network data and transaction log file.
- QuickBooks Database Server Manager is not installed correctly on the server computer.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error 1310
Fixing QuickBooks Database Server Manager stopped error with Different Methods
Method 1. Run QuickBooks File Doctor to resolve common file and network issues
- Close QuickBooks company files and then exit the program.
- Open your web browser, download the QuickBooksToolHub setup file and save it to an easily accessible location like your Windows Desktop.
- Go to your desktop, search, and open the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file.
- Follow the instructions given on the screen and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Move to your desktop and look for the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon.
- Double-click the tool hub icon to open the QuickBooks Tool Hub and choose the Company File Issues tab.
- Select Run QuickBooks File Doctor, wait till it opens, and then choose your company file from the drop-down menu.
- Choose the Check your file option, click Continue and enter QuickBooks admin credentials when prompted.
- Click Next, and the tool will start scanning the company file.
- Once it completes, open QuickBooks and the company file.
You may read also : QuickBooks printing problems with invoices
Method 2. Get the latest update release of the Windows firewall
- On your keyboard, press the Windows and R keys together and write Windows Firewall in the search field.
- Open the Windows firewall and go to the Update your Firewall section.
- Click Update Now and select the Use Recommended settings box.
- Check for the updates and download them if available. Once it completes, restart your computer.
Method 3. Fresh start QuickBooks Database Manager service
- Tap the Windows and R keys on your keyboard, type services in the Run box, and hit Enter.
- Scroll the list of services and select QuickBooksDBXX of the version you use.
- After right-clicking the correct service, select the Restart option.
If the above troubleshooting fails to eliminate QBDBMgrN not running on this computer error, consult the certified QuickBooks expert’s team by calling us on our toll-free number 1.855.738.2784.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error 1603