How to resolve QuickBooks error code 12157?
Want to learn the complete set of steps to get rid of the QuickBooks error code 12157? If yes, then reading this piece of content will surely help. The QuickBooks error code 12157 is often seen due to web connectivity issues in windows operating system with Microsoft Win32 internet or also known as wininet API. This error belongs to the 12xxx error series ad can be seen when downloading or setting up updates with the software. There can be a handful of factors triggering this issue, which we will be elaborating later in this segment. If you are interested in learning further about this issue, make sure to read this post till the end. Or you can also consult our tech team at 1-888-351-0999 and we will provide you with instant support services.
What causes QuickBooks error code 12157?
This error can be seen due to the below stated factors:
- One of the basic triggers can be if the system has multiple QuickBooks installed
- Another trigger can be if the internet and security apps crop up at the time of updating the QuickBooks desktop software
- The user can also end up in such an error if the date and time is not configured properly
- Also, if there is any restrictive setting of firewall or internet security applications
Steps to eliminate the QuickBooks error code 12157
The user can try eliminating the issue using the steps below related to resetting the system’s date and time.
- The very first step is to click on the right bottom of the system’s screen
- After that, right click on the same
- And also, select the adjust date and time option that appears on the screen
- Now, select the current date and the current time
- The user will then have to close the screen
- And also click on ok tab after the date and time is configured to the current time
- The next step is to close the QuickBooks accounting software
- Once done with that, the user needs to reopen the QuickBooks tab
- The last step is to run the QuickBooks update again and check whether issue is fixed or not
Read Also: Fix QuickBooks Error OL-301 or OL-393
By the end of this post, it is believed that the above stated set of steps might be of some assistance in eliminating the error code 12157 from its root cause. However, if you continue to experience the same issue even after performing the steps above, then in that case contacting our QuickBooks pro support team at 1-888-351-0999 is recommended. We are a team of certified QuickBooks professionals who work round the clock to provide instant support services.