HSPCB stands for Haryana State Pollution Control Board, which is a body that ensures that industries/businesses are operating within the controlled limits of pollution/combustion levels in Haryana State and issues No Objection Certificates to each business based on the level of pollutant an industry/establishment releases. The Water (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Act, 1974, was introduce by the Union Government of India in 1974 to prevent and control pollution in water sources, On September 19, 1974, the Haryana State Pollution Control Board (HSPCB) was organize and Later the Indian Union’s Parliament passed another statute “the Air (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Act 1981” to regulate and track air pollution.
CTE/CTO, or Consent to Establish and Consent to Operate, are the two parts in receiving No objection certificate (NOC).
CTE-Consent to establish
The Water (Prevention & Control of Pollution) Act – 1974 and the Air (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Act – 1981 both require CTE-Consent to establish before you can start your business or enterprise. Before starting a company, you must obtain CTE from the appropriate State Pollution Control Board (HSPCB), The procedure begins with the submission of an application in the specified format, along with the documentation and fees, and inspection of business.
CTO- Consent to Operate
CTO is a no-objection certificate issue by the State Pollution Control Board (HSPCB) to enable you to operate your business after receiving your CTE NOC from the SPCB (HSPCB) in accordance with the Water (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Act of 1974 and the Air (Prevention and Control of Pollution) Act of 1981.
Haryana State Pollution Control Board’s Objectives (HSPCB)
- The Haryana State Pollution Control Board is responsible for preventing and controlling pollution at its source, as determined by a techno-economic feasibility analysis of liquid and gaseous effluents.
- The HSPCB is responsible for ensuring that untreated residential waste does not pollute natural water sources or ground water.
- The Haryana State Pollution Control Board will work to maximize the reuse and recycling of sewage and trade effluents, with the treated water use for land irrigation and industrial purposes.
CONSENT TO ESTABLISH (CTE) CERTIFICATE VALIDITY
CTE certificates are issued by the Haryana State Pollution Control Board (HSPCB ONLINE) after one year or completion of work,
CONSENT TO Operate (CTO) CERTIFICATE VALIDITY
CTO certificates issue by the Haryana State Pollution Control Board (HSPCB) for one year to ten years, depending on the type of business operation.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR CTE APPLICATION
- Aadhar Card
- Rent Agreement
- CIN certificate for Pvt. Ltd Company
- GST Certificate
- Certificate from CA regarding Capital investment
- Detailed Project Report
- Electricity bill
- Layout Plan
- Pan card of Authorized Person
Point to Noted: No documents allow to be submitted manually. and the timelines and process for deciding the application for extension/renewal of cto will same as prescribe in procedure for grant of 1st cto.