Wish to know how you can get rid of the youtube not working issue on Android?
Then, make sure to go through till end as this article is packed with the fixes to settle down
youtube won’t play videos on an android phone.
So, let’s begin!
Reboot Your Android device to Fix the Youtube not Working Issue.
Primarily the best and easiest fix to settle down the youtube won’t play videos on an android phone is rebooting your device, as it shuts down all the trouble-causing apps and services running in the background and refreshes your device.
To know how to reboot your device properly, you can check out the below-mentioned steps.
Steps to Reboot your Device Properly.
1. To fix youtube on android won’t play issue, simply press and hold the power button until a set of options pops up on your screen.
2. After that, you will come across a set of options which is Switch off, restart, and emergency mode, from which you can choose either restart or power off option to reboot your device.
3. If you have selected the restart option then, your device will reboot automatically and boot up after a few seconds and if you have chosen the power off option, then you have to again press and hold the button until your device logo appears on the screen.
4. Once, you have successfully rebooted your device, now open up the youtube app and check whether the issue called youtube won’t play videos on an android phone
is resolved or not.
Remove the Cache of your Youtube App.
Removing the cache of your youtube app is also a worthy fix to get rid of youtube won’t play videos on an android phone, all you have to do is follow the below cited steps in order to get the effective results.
- To clear the cache of your youtube app, simply begin by heading to the Settings, and after that look for the Apps & Notifications or Apps tab and tap on it.
- Next, you have to move to Application Manager or simply scroll down until you find Youtube.
- After that, hit on Youtube, and next, simply tap on the Storage and Cache.
- In this step, all you have to di=o is tap on the Clear/data Storage and after that Clear cache.
By applying these mere steps, you can easily remove the cache of your youtube app.
Now, initiate opening the youtube app and check your query titled why won’t videos play on my android phone has been resolved or not.
Check and Update Youtube App
It is possible that due to using an outdated youtube app not upgrading to the new update aired by Youtube, you are encountering youtube won’t play videos on an android phone.
- To check and update your youtube app, simply take your android device and head to the Google play store.
- After that, you will have to click on your profile which you will notice on the top right corner of the screen in a round shape.
- Next, you will come across various options from which you have to click on Manage apps and devices, after that tap on the manage tab and you will come across all the pending updates, from which you have to look for Youtube.
- Lastly, Select the youtube app and update the app.