At times, you come across some circumstances where you cannot open up software or utilize any of its features. Similar is the case with the QuickBooks application. A user encounters the QuickBooks error 404 when attempting to run QB or use the payroll service, or even access the bank account linked with QB. Receiving the issue can be pretty troublesome and annoy you. Thus, to help you get rid of it, we have curated this informative blog that will guide you through and eliminate the glitch within no time.
For immediate assistance regarding the QuickBooks error 404, give our team of QuickBooks experts a call at Toll-Free 1.855.738.2784. They will provide you with instant solutions so that you can operate your QuickBooks again.
Why Do You Come Across the Error Code 404 in QuickBooks Program?
Repeatedly receiving the QB error 404 but do not know why? To fix the problem, you must first know the exact reason behind it. Thus, read out the following points in detail-
- The settings of the antivirus and Windows firewall might not have been configured properly; hence, you face the error continuously.
- Some unexpected fault might have come up in your internet connection due to which you cannot access the QuickBooks Desktop.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error 15243
Most Effective Working Solutions to Troubleshoot the QuickBooks Desktop Error 404
In this section of the blog, we have focused on two debugging methods that will rectify the problem quickly and appropriately. Go through them and perform each instruction carefully-
SOLUTION 1: Modify the Settings of Your Windows Firewall and Antivirus
- In the beginning, type in ‘Firewall’ in the Windows ‘Search’ bar.
- After you are redirected to the following screen, tap on the ‘Windows Firewall with Advanced Security’ option.
- You are now required to check the firewall configuration and see whether your QuickBooks program has been prevented by it to access the internet connection.
- If you see that QuickBooks has been included in the blocked software list, immediately delete it from there.
- At the end, try to start your QuickBooks Desktop.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error PS033
SOLUTION 2: Make Modifications in the Internet Connection Setup
- Start the procedure by first checking if your internet connection is stable or not.
- For that, open Internet Explorer and visit any website to see if it opens or not.
- If the website does not open, you must check your internet connection as there might be some faults.
- If apart from QuickBooks, all other websites open, then start the QuickBooks software.
- Move the cursor on the ‘Help’ tab and select it.
- Under the menu, opt for the ‘Internet Connection Setup’ option.
- In the further step, tap on the ‘Use my Computer’s Internet Connection Settings’ option.
- Finally, click on ‘Next’ and then the ‘Done’ button to confirm the necessary changes.
We would like to end the blog here. If ever you come across the QuickBooks error 404, remember to refer to these stated fixing solutions. Apart from the details provided here, if you require any other help or find it difficult to troubleshoot error 404 in QB, have a consultation by speaking to one of our pro advisors at 1.855.738.2784.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error 6190