QuickBooks is awell-known bookkeeping software used to oversee accounting and monitor the monetary soundness of businesses. This software is capable of invoicing clients, covering bills, and creating reports.The QuickBooks product incorporates features that turn out helpful for many, from small to medium-sizedbusinesses.
We all know software can suffer from uncertain errors, which can halt its functioning. QuickBooks also suffers fromerrors that can sometimes be inconvenient for users with no information about it. QuickBooks Error 6123 is one of the possible errors that can trouble you while using the software. If you are also facing this error on your QuickBooks, read the blog further for the means to resolve it.
For any assistance, reach out to our experts at+1-855-856-0042
QuickBooks Error 6123
This error occurs while executing any tasks related to a company file, including updating, restoring it from a backup, or accessing it on your QuickBooks. Whenever you try to access the company file, you’ll see error codes with a message,”We’re sorry, but QuickBooks can’t open your company file’.
Causes for this error to occur
There can be many reasons that can cause this error in your QuickBooks; some of them are referenced underneath-
• Company file is being accessed through File explorer rather than QuickBooks
• A damaged or corrupted company file
• Any other program on your computer is interfering with the processes of QuickBooks
We have mentioned some solutions below; consider them for resolving this error-
Solution 1-Run file doctor from QuickBooks tools hub
We can utilize File Doctor to fix your company file. File Doctor scans the company file and can fix some issues automatically. Ensure to download the latest version of the QuickBooks Tool hub before referring to the steps given below-
1. Open your QuickBooks tools hub and click on Company file issues.
2. Now, select Run QuickBooks file doctor.
3. When the window opens, you’ll be asked to locate the company file and check if it’s listed on the drop-down menu; if not, find it manually.
4. Click Check your file and then Continue.
5. Fill in your Admin password and then tap Continue.
6. Once the process is completed, Reopen QuickBooks.
If you can open the company file in your QuickBooks, the issue is sorted; otherwise,move to the next solution.
Also Read: QBDBMgrn not running on this computer
Solution 2-Restore the company file from Hard-drive
If the company file is stored in cloud or any external drive,drag the file to your computer’s hard drive and isolate it from any network. Then, follow the steps below for restoring a backup-
1. Open QuickBooks and click on File.
2. Select Open or restore company from the list.
3. Now select, restore a backup copy, and then next.
4. Select Local backup and then Next.
5. Browse your storage for your company file backup with an extension.qbb.
6. Select a folder to save your company file and click Open.
7. Now, hit Save.
8. Reopen your QuickBooks and try to run the company file.
If the error still exists, move to the next solution.
Solution 3- Create a portable company file(.qbm)
Let’s try to create a portable company file and then use it to restore your company. Refer to the steps below if you face this error while restoring the backup on your new computer.
1. Open QuickBooks on the same computer initially used to create the backup file.
2. Open your file and click File,then select create copy.
3. Select Portable company file, then select Next.
4. Select the desired location for your company file and click Save.
5. Now, run QuickBooks on your new computer and use the portable file to restore your company file.
Also Read: QuickBooks Error 15222
These steps will help you to remove the error.
We are close to the end of this blog; we examined the causes of QuickBooks Error 6123 and the potential answers to resolve it from the software. Dial +1-855-856-0042 for more help resolving the error.