AN UPDATED GUIDE TO RESOLVE QUICKBOOKS ERROR 15101
When updating QuickBooks Desktop or payroll, many users come across QuickBooks error 15101. It is one of the common 15000 series error codes that appear while updating QuickBooks. The error restricts the user from downloading the QuickBooks update. There are plenty of reasons that give rise to the error, which include improper firewall and security settings. Some other major causes are given in the next section of the article. Go through the complete article to get in-depth information on QuickBooks update error 15101.
HOW CAN ONE RESOLVE QUICKBOOKS ERROR 15101 RIGHT AWAY? IF THIS QUESTION IS ALSO BOTHERING YOU, REACH OUT TO THE CERTIFIED QUICKBOOKS EXPERT’S TEAM AT 1.855.738.2784 AND GET EFFECTIVE ASSISTANCE TO FIX THE ERROR.
WHAT ARE THE CAUSES BEHIND QUICKBOOKS ERROR MESSAGE 15101?
Check out the list of factors given below that triggers the error:
- The user has not set Internet Explorer to be used as the default browser.
- QuickBooks is blocked by firewall and security applications which prevent it from connecting to the internet.
- QuickBooks program installation is either corrupted or damaged.
- The feature of Internet Explorer that verifies the digital signature of the QuickBooks program is not functioning.
You may read also : QuickBooks Connection Has Been Lost
METHODS TO TROUBLESHOOT & FIX QUICKBOOKS UPDATE ERROR 15101
METHODS TO TROUBLESHOOT & FIX QUICKBOOKS UPDATE ERROR 15101
METHOD 1. UTILIZE QUICK FIX MY PROGRAM FROM THE QB TOOL HUB
The Quick Fix my Program Tool will repair all QuickBooks programs to resolve the issue:
- Close company files, exit QuickBooks Desktop, and open your browser.
- Download the QuickBooks Tool Hub setup file. The setup file gets saved to the Downloads folder automatically.
- From the Downloads folder, open the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file and follow the prompt steps.
- After that, tick the terms and conditions checkbox to complete the installation process.
- Once it’s done, go to your Windows desktop and double-click the QuickBooks Tool Hub icon.
- When the tool hub starts, choose the Program Problems tab and click Quick Fix my Program.
- When the Quick Fix my Program finishes the repair, reopen QuickBooks and the company file.
- Try to download and install the QuickBooks update again.
METHOD 2. DELETE OLD QUICKBOOKS UPDATE FILE AND DOWNLOAD IT AGAIN
If you cannot install QuickBooks from the old update, it indicates the file is damaged. The best alternative is deleting the old file and downloading a new one.
- Close QuickBooks Desktop, move to folder where QuickBooks installation files are saved. Its location is, C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Intuit\QuickBooks XX\Components. Now, delete the file.
- Open QuickBooks, choose the Help menu, and click Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Choose the Update Now tab, mark the Reset Update checkbox and click Get Updates.
- After downloading the complete update, restart QuickBooks and move to the Help menu.
- Select Update QuickBooks Desktop, move to the Overview tab, and click Update Now.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error 6129
METHOD 3. INSTALL A NEW DIGITAL SIGNATURE CERTIFICATE
- Open the QuickBooks folder where program files are saved. The location is C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks.
- Find and right-click the QBW32.exe and select the Properties option.
- Select the Digital Signature tab and select Intuit from the signature list.
- Click Details and move to the Digital Signature Details window.
- From there, select View Certificate and move to the Certificate window.
- Click Install Certificate, then Next, and then Finish.
- Restart your computer, open QuickBooks, and download the update again.
METHOD 4. RUN FILE DOCTOR TO RESOLVE FIREWALL AND SECURITY ISSUES
- If closed, open the QuickBooks Tool Hub again and move to the Company File Issues tab.
- Select Run QuickBooks File Doctor and wait until the tool opens.
- When the File Doctor opens, scroll the drop-down and choose your company file.
- If you can see your file in the drop-down, click Browse and search.
- After that, select the middle Check your file option and then Continue.
- Enter QuickBooks login details when prompted and click Next.
- Wait until the File Doctor scans the company file and then reopen QuickBooks.
You may read also : QBDBMgrN Not Running On This Computer
METHOD 5. EXECUTE A FRESH INSTALL OF QUICKBOOKS PROGRAM IN SELECTIVE STARTUP
- Prepare a backup of the company file to prevent data loss:
- Go to the QuickBooks File menu and select the Switch to Single-user Mode option.
- Move to the QuickBooks File menu again and choose Back up Company.
- Choose the Create Local Backup option, then Local Backup, and then Next.
- From the Local Backup Only section, click Browse and pick a location to save your backup file.
- When you are ready to save the backup, select Save it now and then Next.
- Make sure you have your QuickBooks Desktop license number and product information.
- Start your system in Selective startup mode:
- Open the Run command prompt by tapping the Windows and R keys on your keyboard.
- Write msconfig in the Run window, select OK and go to the General tab.
- Choose Selective startup and Load system services, then head to the Services tab.
- Mark the Hide all Microsoft Services box and click Disable all.
- Clear the Hide all Microsoft services checkbox, tick the Windows Installer checkbox and click OK.
- When the System Configuration window comes up, click Restart.
- Now, clean install your QuickBooks Desktop application.
- Start your system again in Normal startup mode:
- Open the Run prompt box again, write msconfig and click OK.
- Move to the General tab, choose Normal startup, and click OK
- When you see the System Configuration window, click Restart.
You can also try these alternative solutions to resolve the error:
- Troubleshoot QuickBooks and change Internet Explorer settings.
- Try to run the QuickBooks Reboot.bat file.
- Change Internet Explorer settings to set it as the default browser.
- Remove QuickBooks Desktop from the blocklist of Windows firewall.
That’s it. We hope our article on QuickBooks error 15101 helped yoError 15101 Updating Payroll in QuickBooksu. If you are still struggling with the same issue, call us on our toll-free number 1.855.738.2784 and get advanced troubleshooting assistance from certified QuickBooks professionals.
You may read also : QuickBooks Payroll Service Server Error