Are you new to the world of makeup? Are you confused by the beauty stores filled with a myriad of makeup products? Don’t worry. In this post, I’ve shared “Must Have Makeup Essentials for Indian women.” I’ve shared an overview about the various makeup products that are crucial for beginners and my tips and suggestions for choosing the most suitable makeup products for Indian skin tones.
7 must-have MAKEUP essentials for INDIAN women:
1. Eyeliner is a way to define the eyes and makes it more attractive. You need two eyeliners: on the one that covers the upper line of lashes, and an eyeliner for lower line of the lash. Gel and liquid eyeliners work great for the upper liner. Pencil and Kajal kind of eyeliners can do wonders on the lower lash lines. Make sure that your eyeliner doesn’t water-resistant and smudge proof to keep out the eyes of a raccoon.
2. Lipstick: Lipstick gives you the opportunity to play around with color. It is available in matte and lip gloss versions. Pick the shade that best suits your event. Nude, pink peach, or shades of brown that are nude go great with daily makeup. Maroon, Fuchsia and red deep berry shades do justice to date night and festival makeup.
3. Mascara: Adding length and volume to your eyelashes can add instant freshness to your look. Choose mascaras that have the black of jet and is waterproof. To prevent clumping of the lashes, wiggle the wand a bit when applying the mascara.
4. Liquid Foundation or Tinted moisturizer Liquid foundations are simple to use and provide moderate to full coverage. If you suffer from acne-prone or oily skin, pick a non-comedogenic foundation to prevent breakouts and blockage of pores. Tinted moisturizers can be a great substitute for foundation. If you have flawless skin, choose a tinted moisturizer that has SPF to protect your skin from sun damage.
5. Foundation Powered: Similar to liquid foundation, it’s important to select the right shade of powder foundation, too. A compact powder with yellow undertones is a good trick to match Indian skin tones. The foundation powder is a magic tool on those with oily skin as it helps set the makeup and reduces the oiliness. For a flawless finish, apply the powder using the aid of a fluffy brush. If you’re a dry skin, avoid this step. I’ve used Revlon photo-ready foundation powder for a long time, consider it for an oily, combination or dry skin.
6. Concealer It is a fantastic product when properly used it instantly brightens the face. Concealers can cover dark spots, dark eye circles age spots, blemishes and bruises. Indian women should use concealers with yellow undertones. If you’re looking for a concealer to hide darkness, then the product ought to be at least a shade lighter than the foundation you are using. If you’re purchasing concealer for spots, the shade should precisely match your skin tone.
7. Eyeshadows: Eyeshadows can be found in various formulations such as pencil, cream, powder glittery, glossy, and shimmery. I prefer the powder type of eyeshadows since they offer an ethereal look contrasted to other. If you are using them for everyday use, opt for a neutral and brown eye shadows instead of vibrant and striking shades. You can try Lakme eye trio Dessert rose. It has stunning shades that can be utilized for formal and special occasions.
After you’ve learned the technique of wearing these makeup products, you can enhance your makeup bag by adding eyebrow pencils, blush lipstick, highlighter and lip liner.